Full service Joomla! website development
- 20 Years of CMS experience
- I started building Content Management System (CMS) websites when Mambo CMS first came on the open source market back in 2000. When many of the core developers left Mambo to form Joomla in August of 2005, I then made the switch to Joomla. With over 20 years experience building websites, and almost 17 years working with Mambo/Joomla CMS, there's one important thing I've discovered over those 20 years - the web is constantly changing/evolving! It is important to realize that with any web presence, you need to stay on top of your website to keep it current and keep your site visitors "engaged" to keep them coming back.
- What you get
- I offer complete - start to finish - Joomla website development. From installing and configuring on your server or mine, setting up and configuring Joomla and its connected database, installing and customizing a responsive RocketTheme Gantry 5 powered template, initial content and menu setup and layout and more. Every setup is different and has different requirements. The level of content and additional Joomla extensions, depend on the Joomla package chosen, and the amount of content to be added.
What is a content management system (CMS) anyways?
- And why use one
- A content management system is software that keeps track of every piece of content on your Web site, much like your local public library keeps track of books and stores them. Content can be simple text, photos, music, video, documents, or just about anything you can think of. A major advantage of using a CMS is that it requires almost no technical skill or knowledge to manage. Since the CMS manages all your content, you don't have to.
- One of the top CMS's on the market
- Joomla! is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla! the most popular Web site software available. Best of all, Joomla! is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone.
What are some real world examples of what Joomla! can do?
- Main uses of Joomla
- Joomla! is used all over the world to power Web sites of all shapes and sizes. For example:
- Corporate Web sites or portals
- Corporate intranets and extranets
- Online magazines, newspapers, and publications
- E-commerce and online reservations
- Government applications
- Small business Web sites
- Non-profit and organizational Web sites
- Community-based portals
- School and church Web sites
- Personal or family homepages
How can I be sure there will be Joomla! support in the future?
- Joomla! is the most popular open source CMS currently available as evidenced by a vibrant and growing community of friendly users and talented developers. Joomla's roots go back to 2000 and, with over 200,000 community users and contributors, the future looks bright for the award-winning Joomla! Project. Not to mention it has been evolving for 17+ years!
Who uses Joomla?
- Check out the directory
- Millions of web sites are powered with Joomla. Discover real world examples of companies using Joomla! in the official Joomla! Showcase Directory.
What are the rates?
- Hourly Rates for general web development
- These are the rates, and they are billed at regular hourly rates (minimum 1/2 hour charge, 15-minute blocks thereafter). Here is a list of those services and rates:
- Content additions, changes, updates and modifications - $80 per hour
- New template installations and configurations - $80 per hour
- Joomla extension installations and configurations - $120 flat rate
- Hacked websites, malware, or malicious code injection clean up/removal - $120 per hour
- * Emergency rate of $120 per hour applies for recovering, repairing, restoring, and/or cleaning hacked website, and emergency work required to be done on weekends
Joomla Template Selection
- About RocketTheme
- RocketTheme is my go to developer for Joomla templates and extensions. With their new Gantry 5 version templates, customizability of Joomla websites is a breeze. I have built two websites with the same RocketTheme template that look completely different. I start with a RocketTheme Gantry 5 responsive template, and completely change the look of it through custom style formatting. No two websites I build look the same, nor will they look like anything else on the internet.
- Read on below to see why I use RocketTheme
RocketTheme has an extensive collection of premium Joomla templates available for purchase and download. Each of our templates are built from the ground up to be easy to use, extremely customizable, and optimized for the latest browser standards.
New Joomla templates are being released regularly featuring modern, responsive design. The powerful Gantry framework makes our products easy to install, customize, and deploy.
RocketTheme’s design philosophy is simple. We design Joomla templates with a modern, flexible look that stands the test of time. Web design is constantly evolving, and that is why we build our templates to be easily modified to match the design standards of tomorrow.
Our modern Joomla templates are responsive. Your mobile visitors will be able to experience the same brilliant design as desktop users, in a layout that is optimized for their screen.
All of RocketTheme’s Joomla templates are packed with features that make them stand out as some of the most advanced products currently available. The Gantry framework makes it easy to adjust the entire layout of your site, without modifying the code.
Built-in support for popular third-party extensions, such as the K2 content management system, make it easy to migrate your existing site to a RocketTheme template.
Want to expand the functionality of Joomla to include a full photo gallery, or a modern showcase to present important information to your visitors? RocketTheme has you covered. Our extensions are consistently included in lists of the best Joomla products available today.
Every Club membership and template purchase includes complimentary access to our entire extension library, featuring over a dozen utilities to help make your site come alive.
We have an extensive library of documentation that includes comprehensive how-to guides to help you get started on your site. Everything from Joomla installation guides to detailed, point-by-point reference material for each of our supported products is available.
Our extensive documentation library continues to grow every day, and we are committed to making it the absolute best user resource in the entire industry.